Wednesday 9 January 2013

Basics and Day 1

As I mentioned on the post before, I didn't have this idea until today and I didn't take pictures of my meals on Monday, my first "fast day". 

Some people that are on the 5:2 diet choose to have a big breakfast and have nothing but black tea and water for the rest of the day, some choose to have a snack during the day and concentrate their calorie allowance on their dinner. I have chosen to have all three meals and something to snack on during the day. 

I am planning on taking all of my "fast days" during the week, I figured if I am at work I will be less inclined to open the fridge, so most of the meals here will probably be things that can be assembled quickly and don't require a cooker. So no fancy scallops and pancetta recipes during the day (like this one), I will mostly be doing the "fast days" on Mondays and Wednesdays, but that will be adjusted according to my will. 

Another important thing: I have a partner-in-crime! My dear friend an co-worker Camila is doing this with me (in fact, if one of us is doing something crazy, chances are the other one gave the idea) and she actually started a bit earlier. And it was thanks to her that the menu from Day 1 was assembled. This is what I did:

Breakfast - 88 calories

1 boiled Egg - 71 calories
1 boiled Egg Whites - 17 calories

Lunch - 103 calories

100 grams of Prawns (bought cooked and peeled) - 80 calories
135 grams of Cherry Tomatoes - 23 calories

Dinner - 246 calories

125 grams of Chicken breast - 145 calories
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil (to grill the chicken) - 40 calories
150 grams of Mixed Vegetables (bought frozen) - 61 calories

Snacks - 57 calories

100 grams of Blueberries - 57 calories

Grand total - 494 calories 

Exercise - 40 minutes of Boxercise 

No comments:

Post a Comment